“Are log homes ‘green’ or eco-friendly?”
Q: Are your log homes “green” or eco-friendly?
Yes. log home construction is actually more environmentally friendly that traditionally wood-frame homes.
Our Log homes are greener because…
- Log homes use renewable resources like timber from managed growth forests.
- Log homes can use standing-dead logs from insect-killed or wind-downed trees.
- Log homes uses less energy to process and construct compared to conventional stick-built homes.
- Due to the natural insulation factor, log homes are more energy efficient than traditional homes.
- Log home walls are “surface as finish”, so they don’t need additional interior building materials.